Submit Your Art! You could win big!
Presented by Tall Boy - Arts for Hearts is a benefit fundraiser supporting the American Heart Association (AHA.) This one-night event, held on September 19th, 2013 at Ned Divines, features Boston’s leading artists and musicians teaming up to support the AHA. The event boasts a silent auction of local art, live music all night, on-the-spot styling from SHAG, raffles, drinks, and more! $20 gets you in and then the fun begins.
GLVBX supports the efforts of the fundraiser and that of Tall Boy as the 2013 Jury and curator of the silent art auction. In addition, GLVBX is honored to team up with Tall Boy to help spread the word about this amazing event that brings together over 200 friends and patrons of the arts in support of the AHA. Join us for an unforgettable night.
“It is important for Glovebox to support endeavors by our peers and like-minded organizations. We want to do everything we can to bring in great artwork for this important event. Hats off to Tall Boy for utilizing the creative forces in Boston to lead a philanthr0pic charge among young professionals and artists” - GLVBX
Get involved and submit your art
This is a juried event. If you work is accepted into the event, you could win a STAYcation in Boston at one of Boston’s luxury hotels! Additionally, you could score a spot as the GLVBX Artist of the Month and be featured on the GLVBX home page. ALL artists accepted into the event are featured on the Arts for Hearts poster and in other Arts for Hearts and GLVBX media. Details on submitting your work are below… and good luck!
- Submit a JPEG of your work or representative work, title, dimensions, medium, and value of the work to firstname.lastname@example.org with ArtsforHearts_lastname in the subject header by September 10th.
- All artwork is juried by GLVBX according to:Concept: over all and communication of, Creative ability: talent, and Artistic quality: execution of idea.
- Approximately 20 artists will be selected to showcase their work at the Arts for Hearts fundraiser on September 19th from 7 pm – 11 pm at Ned Devines. All artists who are accepted to showcase their work are required to donated this work to the festival to support the American Heart Association. All artists accepted are featured on the 2013 Arts for Hearts poster.
- Artists will be notified by midnight on September 14th.
- Artwork must be dropped off at Ned Devine’s on September 19th before 6pm. If the artist cannot drop off your artwork on this date, the artist needs to make arrangements to have the work dropped off on his/her behalf.
If an artists’ work is selected to be part of the 2013 Arts for Hearts fundraiser, one lucky artists’ name will be drawn at random to win:
- A Boston STAYcation at a luxury hotel (blackout dates apply)
- Dinner for 2
- 1-month residency on the homepage of the GLVBX website as the “Artist of the Month” which includes up to 3 blog posts about the artist. (Month is chosen by Glovebox.)
- The satisfaction of knowing you donated to a worthy cause and helped to reduce disability and deaths caused by cardiovascular disease and stroke.
- Thursday, September 19th
- Ned Devine’s – Faneuil Hall, Boston
- 7 pm – 11 pm
- Silent Art Auction, instant win balloon prizes, raffles, drinks, live music, on-site styling by Shag, and more!
- $20 at the door
Tall Boy is a Boston based grassroots production company unifying the “Beat” of our city – From music events and art shows to design and charity events, Tall Boy is a leading player in creative Boston.
Visit our website for more information and check out our blog!